Strip Bending Actuators
(unimorph and bimorph)
A bimorph is a cantilever used for actuation or sensing which consists of two active layers. It can also have a passive layer between the two active layers. In contrast, a piezoelectric unimorph has only one active (i.e. piezoelectric) layer and one passive (i.e. non-piezoelectric) layer. Bending will occur when a DC voltage is applied to the part.
- Low power consumption
- Large displacement and force
- Fast response
- Reliable and durable
1. Needle selection mechanism for Weft machines.
2. Jacquard Combo for Weave machines.
3. Braille reader with coding actuator.
4. Fast Valve controls.
5. Optical systems, i.e. shutter controllers.
6. Intelligent Locks, Inkjet printer, Fiber optical scanner and etc.
| Bi-directional Displacement|
(1 Hz, mm)
| Bending Force|
| Current Leakage |
(1V, 100Hz, nF)
|QDTE60-20-0.53-1||60x20x0.53||≥0.75 (@96V)||≥300||≤0.6||270 – 450|
|QDTE56-7.2-0.76-1||56×7.2×0.76||1.2≤S≤1.7 (@180V)||≥20||≤0.5||36 – 54|
|QDTE52-7.0-0.82-1||52×7.0x0.82||≥0.9 (@190V)||≥300||≤0.5||36 – 54|
|QDTE52-7.0-0.77-1||52×7.0x0.77||≥1.2 (@190V)||≥300||≤0.6||40 – 62|
(1) The above specifications are for references only, please confirm with our engineer before ordering.
(2) Custom parts available, please inquire with your requirements.
Operating Temperature Range: -10℃ ± 60℃ (14°F ± 140°F)
Operating Humidity Range: ≤ 70%
QDTE60-20-0.53-1 can be driven by 48-50VDC @ 1Hz-130Hz for either direction
QDTE52-7.0-0.82/0.77-1 can be driven by 170-200VDC @ 1Hz-30Hz for one direction only.
Please give us an opportunity to show you what we can do. The entire process is fast and efficient. Call us today, in California, at 650-375-7003.